Monday, November 10, 2014

My Pregnancies(read if you would like too)

Hi Everyone

Hope the weekend was good mine was fantastic, I know I said I would write about this a while back but have only just remembered that I would do.....and today I am not sure what else to write about...have a mind if you do not want to read it that is fine by me.

So I have 2 beautiful boys...well sometime a bit hard to handle but what children are not sometime.

So lets start with Master 5 which I will say was a very hard and scary pregnancy after my cancer treatment. I would get worried about every pain or anything else I would feel. Morning sickness lasted all day and I still worked with children and changed nappies so that did not help, I was exhausted by the end of the day and I came home ate tea and went straight to bed.

At 12 weeks my blood test came back with an overactive thyroid was started on thyroid medication 2 time daily which can cross the placenta but you need to have them and also monthly blood test even got down to weekly blood tests so much fun but had a great dr. to help me with never had a thyroid issues until I had that thyroid storm with my cancer(read my other motherhood post for all those details)  I had a forward facing placenta so I felt no movement until about 19 weeks with him, which worried me as everyone keep asking me any movement yet....which I would reply "no".

 I had a pretty big scare at 24 weeks I had a bleed and it was not a small bleed so admitted to hospital and told that if it does not stop I would need to deliver my baby....who would not survive......I remember laying in the hospital bed tell my little man to stay there that the world is not that great at the moment and was better in side then out in this world.....he must of listened he stayed there for now.

I got to week 25 and was wondering where my baby belly was I had nothing just looked fat and horrible my obgyn told me that may never get one....(larger lady) I so wanted that belly and then by the time 34 weeks came I had a small one but only if you looked at me from the side and then I would have to really hold my top down for you to see it. As I worked with children I was put on bed rest from 30 weeks and I got so sick of laying on the couch watching daytime tv.

I went for my 36 week appointment and that when the worried look started....your baby has not grown any.....I went should I be worried.....she told me to go home and rest and she would see me next week.....I remember the next Wednesday I had the first appointment of the day....hubby told me to take my bag and I told he do  not be silly will not need that......should have taken it did not come little man had stopped growing and would need to come back in to hospital and then hooked up to machines and other things......the following day my little man was born at 6pm via C-section and was quickly rushed away to nicu he sent the night in humidity crib as he was so small at just 6 pound. Obgyn came in and told me we where luck that he was born he might not have been with us if we had left him unable to feed him myself so with heartbreak I bottled fed him....6 nights in hospital with him to make sure he was putting on lucky to have master 5.

So now master 2, my pregnancy with him was very similar to master 5 and was told my obgyn that maybe pregnancy did not agree with me. morning sickness was the same and cooking tea was horrible and knowing I needed to eat it went against everything that I want to do. plus I had a toddler that I need to deal with he was 2 when I was pregnant. Again I had a front placenta (so on movement until 25 weeks which was very normal) and thyroid issue which that picked up at 19 weeks so back on the medication for that....which was fun more blood tests and reporting to dr. and I had to do this with a toddler in times and lots of freddo's were eaten while mummy had appointments.......great mummy skills....LOL.

Because I was able to rest a little more at home while my toddler played my later half of my pregnancy went well I was booked for a C-section again (safest way for me to have children because of my thyroid)
Went to hospital on the day my operation was happening and I remember thinking this feel weird but I got a chance to say good bye to my toddler while he went to stay with his grandparents for the stay in hospital I arrived early morning but would not being going down until about 1:30pm hubby got his lunch brought to him while I watched him eat it....looked so good. Off to theatre straight in and my master 2 was delivered by 2 pm again a small baby 6 pound 2 oz was able to hold him while they stitched me up then back upstairs to meet one set of to get cleaned up as he was getting a little cold with me. After an hr I wondered where he was so hubby went to check on him....after about 30 min I had regained enough feeling in toes to sit up and wonder where he was then he came back and told me that he has been kanga caring with our son he was in a humidity crib and would be there until his temp was normal and he could hold that temp for 6 hrs......following morning came and I was allowed to shower and walk down to see my little boy in NICU that walk is hard as I did not know what I would be facing.....the staff knew me straight away and welcomed me like I was a friend not a that.

I was able to hold him and gave him a feed (bottle as I produced no milk due to thyroid problems and obgyn told me so hard the 2nd time and with a toddler so she made the decision for that too) then was told he needed to stay with them in nicu because they are waiting for blood test to come back....and hr later my fears really kicked boy had an infection(sepsis) and he need to be on a drip.......ahhh he is one day old WTF........but I did what my paediatrician suggested it took over 2 hrs to get the drip in and then he would have to stay in ICU so I had people visiting me and no baby for them to hold they were not allowed to see him, his big brother only saw him for about 30 hard seeing your baby with a drip in and a nasal tube too. The staff were wonderful they would come a get me when he needed a feed or change....even in the middle of the night.....sometime they would bring him down to me and just sit with me for 30 mins so I could hold him out of the nursery....because he had an infection I also got treated with antibiotics and we found out that perhaps I had been leaking fluid for a few days before the C-section. So 6 days on the drip for my tiny man and then another few days to make sure he was taking the bottle well and putting on in totally 9 days in hospital I was so happy to be going little man slept and drank he is a very full on 2 yr old.

I will be having no more children my obgyn will not allow it and that is fine by me...I just hug and get my baby fix from other people children's....that works for me.

ok so that it it.....anyone want to share there stories feel free I would love to hear them.

Elita xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment